Welcome to the TAMARIZ RENT A CAR web site.
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not visit or use our web site.
TAMARIZ RENT A CAR assumes no responsibility for any error or omission in the operation of its web site. The access and use of the web site is a service offered by TAMARIZ RENT A CAR and is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. TAMARIZ RENT A CAR makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the web site’s operation.
TAMARIZ RENT A CAR will not be liable for any direct, indirect, accidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from or relating to your access to, use of or inability to use the web site.
TAMARIZ RENT A CAR rates include:
- Madeira Islands Indirect Tax (“IGIC” tax)
- Mandatory Car Insurance and complementary Third-Party Liability Insurance to cover damages to third parties arising from the use of the vehicle.
- PAI (Personal Accident Insurance)
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
- TP (Theft Protection)
- Booking cancellation or modification free of charge (up to 24 hours prior to picking up vehicle)
- Vehicle delivery and collection service
You may choose to purchase a supplementary protection (Super CDW), which is additional to the CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and the TP (Theft Protection), to waive any excess in case of damage to or loss of the TAMARIZ RENT A CAR vehicle, its parts and accessories, including those losses resulting from collision, theft or attempted theft and vandalism, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
Drivers must be at least 21 years old.
The only persons allowed to drive the vehicle are those named in the rental agreement.
All drivers must be in possession of a full driving licence valid in Europe, which is at least one year old.
Vehicles may not be driven outside the island where they have been leased.
Tamariz rent a CAR rates do not include fuel. The vehicle must be returned with the same fuel level as it had when delivered to client.
Insurance does not cover:
- Damage to wheel rims
- Tyre punctures
- Tyre blowouts
- Damage to the underside of the vehicle
- Lost or broken keys
- Tow truck fees
- Battery recharge
- Repairs and/or damages due to misfuelling
- Damage to clutch
- Incidents related to reckless driving
- Incidents caused as a result of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Personal property stolen from, or lost or left in the vehicle.
It is expressly forbidden:
- To push or tow any other vehicle
- To drive on unpaved roads
- To assign, lend or sublease the vehicle
- To carry baggage, objects or any other item on the vehicle roof
- To drive recklessly
- To drive under the influence of alcohol, medicines or drugs
After you have made your booking, you will receive two e-mails at the e-mail address you have provided. The first one will just confirm that we have received your particulars and the second one will confirm or refuse your booking.
The fact of receiving the first e-mail does not imply that Tamariz rent a CAR has accepted your booking.
If after making a booking you wish to cancel it, you may do so free of charge up to 24 hours prior to picking up the vehicle.
We have baby seats (Maxicosi), infant seats and booster seats available at 5 Euros + IGIC tax per unit and day, additional driver 10€ +IGIC per day.
Our branch-office business hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 09:00-13:00 and 15:00-19:00
Saturdays: 08:00-13:00 and 15:00-19.00
Sundays and bank holidays: 08:00-12:00
Bookings at the airport can be made 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Bookings made at the airport after 19:00 hours will have a surcharge of 7 Euros.
The user expressly accepts these terms and conditions.